Sunday, May 29, 2011

Friedasophie Jewelry



Today's featured shop is Friedasophie!  I love the simple elegance present in each and every one of the designs.  Subtle juxtapositions between raw lines and smooth stones make for a lovely collection of necklaces, earrings and bracelets.  So lovely!

Prong set Amethyst stalactite 24k gold necklace

CM: Tell us a bit about yourself...
FS: I have been artistically influenced greatly by my two grandmothers who were fashion designers and jewelry collectors. My first piece of jewelry was given to me by my grandmother Frieda. I appreciate the Art Deco and Edwardian eras. I often get design ideas by watching vintage movies, attending a vintage fair or visiting the museum.
Or sometimes I just go to a flower show or to the forest for new design ideas.
I love to travel for new inspiration too.

Brilliant emerald green onyx gold cluster hoop earrings

CM: When and how did you start making jewelry? Did someone teach you?
FS: I made my first piece when I was 5 years old. My grandmother gave me one of her amethyst necklaces from 1875 and i took it apart and made necklaces out of it for my dolls. I am a self thought artist but I used many books and sometimes asked friends for help.

Single Herkimer Diamond Gold Necklace

CM: How long does it take you to make a piece to sell? What's the process like? Your workspace?
FS: It takes me anything from 30minutes to 4 hours to make a piece.
I have a little work bench set up in my office where I work in the evenings.
I typically press flowers and leaves and than trace them on silver metal.

Mocha brown Topaz 24k gold bangle
CM: What's the best thing about selling on Etsy? The most challenging?
FS: Etsy is fantastic. They have a great team that helps promoting all
Etsy shops daily and they often offer great tips to improve your buisness
in the storck articles. I do not really find it challenging to sell on etsy.

Victoriana ruby aquamarine gold hoop earrings
CM: What's your favorite item from your own shop right now?
SD: I love my Fleur de lis orchid 14k gold necklace. I am wearing a silver
version I made for myself and can't seem to take it off.

Fleur de lis orchid 14k gold necklace

CM: Do you have a favorite shop or item on Etsy? If so, which one(s)?
I love Alexandra Grecco. She creates the prettiest most delicate dresses and fine lingerie.

Darling Turquoise Blue Drop Necklace
Thank you Friedasophie!  Stay tuned for more fantastic Etsy shops...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pieces. Amazed at your volume of sales. Congrats! And Thanks Christine for choosing such interesting Etsy artists to feature - Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete