Monday, May 2, 2011

Leebweeb Modern Knits



This week's first featured shop is Leebweeb Modern Knits.  Owner, Lindsey, is a New York architect by day who makes lovely scarves, cowls, hats, gloves and other handmade knit items in her free time.  What I love about Lindsey's items is the fact that they're modern and fashionable while also being cozy and affordable!  They also come in a variety of sizes and styles so that women, men, babies AND pets can wear them!  Love it!

white & grey crochet necklace w/ burnt orange and mustard poppy flower
 CM:  Tell us a little about yourself...
L:  My name is Lindsey and I live & work in nyc as an architect. I grew up in Oklahoma & went to college at Oklahoma State University where I met my wonderful husband who is also an architect.

knit chic silver lace cuff w/ black buttons - MADE TO ORDER

CM:  What drew you to knitting? What inspires you to create the particular pieces you make?
L:  My grandmother & my knitting club girls. I moved to nyc from Stillwater, OK and didn’t know too many people in the city. One of the girls I work with decided to start a knitting club with a few of her friends. I tagged along to the first meeting, loved it, & made several close friends as well! Many of pieces are inspired by everyday things I see in the city or in magazines. I am constantly thinking of new ideas & designs to explore.

CUSTOM - Felted loops tote purse in yellow & taupe

CM:  What is your work area like? Outdoors? Garage? When do you find the time to knit?
L:  I don't have an actual work area per se. I have turned a cubby bookcase into my yarn + supplies storage which I don't think my husband is totally thrilled about since we had to eliminate some of his books to make room.... I typically knit on my sofa, in a coffee shop, or on the subway.

CUSTOM - two-tone knit baby booties & hat set
CM:  What is the best part about selling on Etsy for you? The most challenging?
L:  It is so simple to start up a shop on Etsy & it automatically gives you a website which gets a lot of traffic. My challenge so far is that I'm still very new to Etsy & trying to gain more exposure for my shop. It has been a slow start, but I'm hopeful that it will begin to pick up. There are just so many great shops out there that the competition is tough!
CUSTOM - red slouchy knit beret with red, burgundy, & grey felt flower

CM:  What's your favorite item in your shop right now?
L:  It would have to be my vintage faux cable twist hat.

hand knit vintage faux cable twist hat in seafoam blue
CM:  Do you have any favorite shops or items on Etsy?
L:  A few of my fav shops...


Find Lindsey & Leebweeb on Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you, Lindsey!  Stay tuned for more great shops...


No comments:

Post a Comment