Friday, July 22, 2011

Green Man Naturals


Wrapping up the workweek with a shop that seamlessly weaves environmentally conscious with yummy indulgence!  Green Man Naturals, by Robin, offers green unique bath and body products which are made from sustainable, free trade and organic ingredients and are positively drool-worthy.  Love your body and the planet!  In addition to her own tantalizing concoctions, Robin loves creating custom orders where you, the buyer, can create your own scent!  How cool is that??

Lavender Oatmeal and Goatsmilk Massage Lotion--
aromatherapy moisturizer, sensual massage-- 8 oz
CM: Tell us a bit about yourself...
Robin: You could describe me as a Wandering Bohemian Entrepreneur. I am definitely all three of those things. I love the idea of doing many different activities and jobs at one time and piecing together a free-as-the-wind lifestyle out of that. I am currently a student in Southern California, though I was raised in Alaska and my heart remains with the wilderness and snow (I sign my text messages "the ice queen"). I study Creative Writing, Music, and History and would love to be an Egyptologist someday. I currently work various temporary jobs (as well as having two Etsy businesses) such as singing opera, chroeographing, cooking crepes, working for the government, etc... My life is like a crazy quilt that is barely staying stitched together! Every day I have the exciting and terrifying thought, "Where and what will my next job be?"

Organic Shea Butter lotion-- choose your scent-- 2.5 oz.

CM: When and how did you start making natural products? Did someone teach you?
Robin: I started fairly recently by just experimenting. I am notorious for going into the kitchen, throwing together ten random ingredients and emerging with a culinary masterpiece. I basically did the same thing with my natural body products. I just let myself make a mess, and after a few tries, I came up with great product recipes.

Starberry Shimmer lotion-- 1.5 oz

CM: What's your process like? Your workspace? Where do you get those amazing ingredients?
Robin: I work haphazardly in whatever environment I am in, which would be an apartment in CA or my parents' home in AK. My ingredients consist of supplies purchased from other eco-friendly entrepreneurs, and all of the used coffee grounds from my workplace (for coffee soap and body scrub). I like to work with just one little light on above the stove and the rest of the kitchen in darkness. It helps me focus my energy and keeps me from getting distracted. I also tend to work late at night, because in the summer here in Alaska it is light all day, even at 2 in the morning. So I go out and photograph my finished products after I get home from opera rehearsal and just as the neighbors' dogs' stop barking for the night. And then I sleep for a few hours before I get up at 6:30 to go to work. It is surreal having light for 24 hours a day. I feel that I should never be sleeping.

Licorice Lime Exfoliating Sugar Soap-- fresh summer scent-- 1 bar

CM: What's the best thing about selling on Etsy? The most challenging?
Robin: Etsy's community is definitely the best thing about being an entrepreneur online. I feel constantly inspired and uplifted. And the most challanging thing is restraining myself from buying everything I see! Wait, let me amend that. I think it is also very difficult to sell soaps and body products on Etsy because the smell is such a significant thing for the customer to consider when buying, and I can't put the smell up on Etsy! I wish, rather than pictures, that there could be scratch-and-sniff buttons on my shop page!

Hypnosis Bath Salts-- Lavender and Poppy scented-- 1.5 oz

CM: What's your favorite item from your own shop right now?
Robin: My Cinnamon Sweets Soap, scented with cinnamon, orange, apple, carob, and nutmeg is the most delicious smelling item in my shop, and therefore my favorite. However, I recently made some Kahlua Coffee body scrub that I haven't listed yet and it is my new all-time favorite body product. A little sniff of it reminds me that it is Happy Hour somewhere!

Cinnamon Sweets Soap--christmas soap-- 1 bar

CM: Do you have a favorite shop or item on Etsy? If so, which one(s)?
Robin: I love sooooo many shops. I especially adore DominicElvinDesign's sci-fi creations . My current favorite item is this miniature doll of Sappho from UneekDollDesigns. But I'm also lusting after some items from DreamofaDream and MissVioletLace (who are both great sellers to work with).


Organic Aloe lotion-- sunburn soothing moisturizer--2 oz.
And as if this shop isn't fabulous enough, you can check out Robin's other shop here:
 LaBelleDame Jewelry and Tidbits

Thank you, Robin!!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend... be sure to stay tuned for more great Etsy shops!!

xo Christine (Kezi Handmade Jewelry)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Christine! PS Where did you get that lovely background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely post! I'm a new follower from the etsylush team. :-) I'm your 150th follower, do I win a prize? Lol jk

    ReplyDelete